Switching to natural deodorant can be daunting when you've used antiperspirant for years. "Will I sweat a lot?" "Will I stink really bad?" "Will I have to reapply throughout the day?"
You want the inside scoop on how to ditch the chemicals successfully, right? If you're switching to natural deodorant for the first time, we have you covered!
Here's our 5 best tips to ensure your transition is successful:
1. Allow about 2 weeks for your body to adjust in order to experience the full potential of your natural deodorant.Your pits can finally breathe again now you've ditched aluminium. Perspiration may be noticeable at first, but will normalise once your underarms re-balance and detox from aluminium and harsh chemicals used previously. Perspiration is healthy and doesn't have to smell - hang in there!
2. Start with applying the recommended amount
About a large pea size per underarm will do the job - this is a great starting point to figure out how little or much you need to be effective against odour all day. Our deodorant spatulas are perfect for scooping the perfect amount, every time!
3. Shave the night before, always!
This prevents irritation caused from applying deodorant to broken skin (micro-cuts from shaving). Applying your deodorant the morning after ensures happy pits!
4. Masks are not just for the face anymore...
Have some fun with a DIY armpit detox mask! This helps draw out impurities for squeaky clean pits. Mix up 1 tbsp bentonite clay, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp water - leave on the skin for up to 20 minutes and rinse.
5. Switching is super fun when you're not doing alone!
Grab a friend and buy one of our natural deodorant bundles online - start the journey to fresh pits together!